Depending on your needs and investment objectives, we can provide you with services in an, investment advisory account. This document gives you a summary of the types of services we provide and how you pay. Please ask us for more information. There are some suggested questions on page 2. Investment Adviser Services
Types of Relationships and Services. Our accounts and services.
- If you open an advisory account, you will pay an on-going asset-based fee for our services. We will offer you advice on a regular basis. We will discuss your investment goals design with you a strategy to achieve your investment goals, and regularly monitor your account.
- You can choose an account that allows us to buy and sell investments in your account without asking you in advance (a “discretionary account”) or we may give you advice and you decide what investments to buy and sell (a “non-discretionary account”).
- Our investment advice will cover a limited selection of investments. Other firms could provide advice on a wider range of choices, some of which might have lower costs.
- We offer fee-only discretionary and non-discretionary investment management services to individuals; high net worth individuals, including family offices; and institutions, which primarily include qualified pension plans, Taft-Hartley plans, and 401(k) plans.
- Additionally, Toroso provides fee-only non-discretionary pension consulting services to corporate retirement plans and non-discretionary outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) consulting services to financial advisors.
- Furthermore, Toroso provides investment advisory and investment sub-advisory services to several ETFs, some of which also receive non-advisory services from its affiliated firm, Tidal ETF Services LLC.
- Toroso also provides bespoke independent financial services to individual investors, retirement plan sponsors and corporations. Toroso provides an ETF-focused, diversified asset allocation approach. Toroso generally provides these services via its Toroso Advisors division, or Faro Advisory division (a sub-division of the Toroso Advisors division).
- Toroso provides investment advisory services to a Mutual Fund.
Our Obligations to You. We must abide by certain laws and regulations in our interactions with you.
- We are held to a fiduciary standard that covers our entire investment advisory relationship with you. For example, we are required to monitor your portfolio, investment strategy and investments on an ongoing basis.
- Our interests can conflict with your interests. We must eliminate these conflicts or tell you about them in a way you can understand, so that you can decide whether or not to agree to them.
Fees and Costs. Fees and costs affect the value of your account over time. Please ask your financial professional to give you personalized information on the fees and costs that you will pay.
- Asset-based fees. With respect to direct clients, advisory fees are paid in advance and typically deducted within fifteen business days of the beginning of each calendar quarter directly from the client’s custodial account, based on the custodial market value as of the last day of the prior calendar quarter.
- Toroso offers its investment management services on a fee only basis and does not have a standard fee schedule. All fee arrangements are negotiated on an individual basis with each direct client or with each wealth management and/or wrap fee platform, which then applies to all clients obtained through that platform.
- Direct high net worth individual clients and direct institutional clients will typically be charged an advisory fee in the range of 0.50% to 1.50% of assets under management on an annual basis. Wealth management and/or wrap fee platform clients will also typically pay advisory fees in the range of 0.25% to 1.00% of assets under management on an annual basis, which is separate from any advisory fees that the client may pay to an investment adviser, unaffiliated with Toroso, that recommends and/or recommended that the client allocate some or all of their assets into a Toroso portfolio option and separate from any advisory fees paid to a wealth management platform, if applicable.
- Some investments (such as mutual funds and variable annuities) impose additional fees that will reduce the value of your investment over time. Also, with certain investments such as variable annuities, you may have to pay fees such as “surrender charges” to sell the variable annuities, you may have to pay fees such as “surrender charges” to sell the investment.
- Our fees vary and are negotiable. The amount you pay will depend, for example, on the services you receive and the amount of assets in your account.
- Fees for Toroso’s non-discretionary pension consulting services are negotiated on an individual basis with each pension plan and/or the pension plan’s sponsor. Pension plan clients typically pay fees in the range of 0.10% to 1.25% of assets under management on an annual basis, subject to a minimum annual fee, which is also negotiable, of $3,800 or $950 per quarter.
- All fees for non-discretionary exchange traded product portfolio consulting services are negotiated on an individual basis with each consulting client, depending on the scope of the engagement.